Pursuing Life Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scripture Song Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> General Bible Memory Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavern
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Scripture Song Music Reply with quote

Does anyone have any good Scripture song music to recommend? I am looking for Scripture songs that are word-for-word King James Version.
Brother Tommy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: memory songs Reply with quote

We have some good scripture memory songs I will try to bring it to you. Very Happy

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.-1John 3:16
Lavern
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Tommy!

It's great to have you with us here at PursuingLife.com!

I look forward to seeing what you have in the line of Scripture songs.
ASourceOfJoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank you for the excellent site here! It's a real blessing to see others "pursuing life" with a whole heart.

Scripture set to music is a tremendous blessing to me; it makes memorization so fast and easy! Here's a few resources I wanted to share:

Ron & Patti Valliant - five complete songs are available here; a Google search will bring up other partial song recordings by this talented couple.

GodlyChristianMusic.org - has many passages set to music; some better done than others.

BrotherBear.org - several of his songs are straight from Scripture: "Jesus Said Unto Them" and "O Come."

Exceeding Abundantly - God has only given me two original tunes, and this is one of them: Eph. 3:20-21 KJV.

I'd be very interested in hearing of any other resources out there!

A fellow pilgrim,
Abigail
Lavern
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Scripture Songs Reply with quote

Welcome to PursuingLife.com, Abigail!

Thank you for your post and the links. I am collecting some Scripture songs for my online store. I hope to get some added soon.

Have a nice day!
BrotherBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where's the online store?

I saw my friend Abigale wrote here about a couple songs of mine. One other scripture song is The Blessing of the Lord at BrotherBear.org

It is word for word KJV. It's not straight through, but selections taken from Proverbs 10 focused on the blessings of following God.

God bless you brother, Brother Bear

BrotherBear.org
Lavern
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Brother Bear,

Thanks for joining and referring me to "The Blessing of the Lord"! It's interesting, I was at your web site just the other day. Razz

To see my online store, just click on "Online Store" at the top of this page. There are only three CDs listed yet. Also see my scripture songs page for free Scripture songs for download.

Have a nice day!
tracihello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Scripture Song Music Reply with quote

Lavern wrote:
Does anyone have any good Scripture song music to recommend? I am looking for Scripture songs that are word-for-word King James Version.

Yes! Will you please do Psalm 51?

I like the way you and your musicians sound (accapella?)....um, without instruments. Here is the King James:

Psalms:51:1: Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Psalms:51:2: Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psalms:51:3: For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Psalms:51:4: Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psalms:51:5: Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psalms:51:6: Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psalms:51:7: Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psalms:51:8: Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psalms:51:9: Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psalms:51:10: Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalms:51:11: Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psalms:51:12: Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psalms:51:13: Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psalms:51:14: Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Psalms:51:15: O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
Psalms:51:16: For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psalms:51:17: The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Psalms:51:18: Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Psalms:51:19: Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Thank you! It's my favorite Psalm ever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> General Bible Memory Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: