Pursuing Life Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A top-down approach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> General Bible Memory Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: A top-down approach Reply with quote

Good morning.

Thanks and praise be to our Lord that you were moved to create this site to bring people together in memorizing God's word.

I hope you're progressing well with storing the Word in your heart.

Around six months ago He placed the book of 1 Timothy within me, I felt truly blessed at the time.

A few days ago he led me down this path again, this time, with a top down-approach. By this, I mean memorizing the whole NT to deeper and deeper levels on each pass.

Pass 1: The Bible is broken up into two books:

OT
NT

Pass 2: The NT is broken up into five parts:

Gospels
Acts
Paul's Epistles
General Epistles
Revelation

Pass 3: Each of those parts are broken up into their respective books e.g. Gospels is broken up into:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John

We're currently working on Pass 4, which takes each book (e.g. Matthew) and breaking that into a number of sections. Using the NIV 1984, Matthew has 11 parts:

Background and Preparation
The Sermon on the Mount
The Ministry through Miracles
Teaching through Parables
Opposition and Withdrawal
Jesus as the Son of God
Toward Jerusalem
A Triumphal Entry
Christ as Teacher
Trial, Death, and Burial
Resurrection and Ascension

Pass 5 will be how each of those sections is broken down further into section headings. e.g. The Sermon on the Mount is broken up into:

The Beatitudes
Salt and Light
The Fulfillment of the Law
Murder
Adultery
Divorce
Oaths
An Eye for an Eye
Love for Enemies
Giving to the Needy
Prayer
Fasting
Treasures in Heaven
Do Not Worry
Judging Others
Ask, Seek, Knock
The Narrow and Wide Gates
A Tree and Its Fruit
The Wise and Foolish Builders

Once the good Lord installs part 5 in my heart to cherish forever, I will possess a structural outline of every section of His glorious New Testament.

I will then proceed, if it is His will, to learn the actual verses for each section.

May the Lord have the full glory of everything we do here on this Earth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> General Bible Memory Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: