Pursuing Life Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

copying scripture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> General Bible Memory Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Austin Stehling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: copying scripture Reply with quote

I have heard that one way to memorize scripture is to write it out in a fancy lettering, such as calligraphy. And it is said that if you put alot of time in writing each letter of each word that it mentaly stores the words in your brain. Or at least helps to. Is this true? Has anyone ever tried doing this? I am going to try it and will give you a report on what happens. I know that the Hutterites put alot of time into writing the scriptures in german.
(matt.4:19)
Austin Stehling

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: copying scripture test Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!
I tried writing out the scriptures in a fancy lettering to see if it would help with memorization, and found that it did not help very much. Writing it out the regular way seems to work just as good. Did anybody else try doing it?
(matt.4:19)
LukeWilson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writing actually takes to much time for me, but reading is to fast. So I type. Over and over again. I feel that it is more effective for me than writing, because in the time I write a verse once I can type it 5 times or more. But I still type much slower than I read (60 wpm typing - 300 reading), so it slows me down enough that I have to concentrate on each word. I typically will type a verse around 15 times. This way I get the benefits of both writing AND repetition.
Martin559

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Copying Reply with quote

One way to copy scripture if you have a couple grand is to get a sears carvewright machine and type up mottos with favorite scriptures and hang them on youre wall or sell them.Their software costs $7 has 125 fonts to pick from and does really incredible 3d relief and raised letter.You could start a sideline buisness making Hardwood, carved buisness signs for people.Dont try to compete with P Graham Dunn from oh. though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> General Bible Memory Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: